Thursday, September 24, 2015

Celebrating Heritage Day at Van Stadens

Today is Heritage Day in South Africa and all South Africans celebrate the day differently.  Some like to dress up in their traditional clothing while others come together for a braai.  Political parties have gatherings, clubs use the day to organise events and some people just stay home and do a few chores or watch tv all day long.  I celebrated Heritage Day with my fellow Geocachers at the Van Stadens Wildflower Reserve taking part in the second annual Geocaching Amazing Icon Race.  The event took us all around the whole reserve before we had a braai for lunch.  It's Braai Day as well after all.  Afterwards I took a drive around the reserve again with my camera as the proteas and many other flowers are all decked out in the Spring best.  One of the pictures I snapped was this one of a King Protea with the Van Stadens Bridge in the background.  

No comments:

Post a Comment