Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mussels on the beachfront

The other day I asked the question, "How many of us still take our kids to explore rock pools around the Port Elizabeth coastline?"  Well, if you do you will encounter a lot of mussels on the rocks at low tide.  When I took the photo I had this grand idea to give you a lesson on our mussels and how many one is allowed to pick.  That was until I realized how many types of mussels there are. And here I thought a mussel was a mussel was a mussel.  Suddenly I feel like mussels in white wine sauce.  Do you enjoy mussels?

1 comment:

  1. Love mussels in white wine. They are quite cheap here so it is easier to buy them than drive over an hour to the coast and then still not find any! Mussels and oysters are not expensive here in the markets. Hope you are well Diane

    ReplyDelete