Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Boardwalk Hotel from the sea

The Boardwalk Hotel and Convention Centre has really changed the beachfront skyline since it opened a year ago.  I've heard that some people think it looks out of place while comparing it to a Disney like castle while others absolutely love it.  But love it or hate it, the hotel and convention centre has become an integral part of the city's leisure, business and events tourism landscape and a great asset to Port Elizabeth.  The photo was taken while on a bay cruise on the Jester.   

5 comments:

  1. You can't miss it. I guess it will take some time to get used to the view. It looks pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing structure on the PE coast! To me it does have a fairy-tale quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't go as far as the Disney castle, but it is an odd choice of style, given its surroundings. But then again I feel the same way about most of the Boardwalk complex, which it presumably was built to match! Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correct Jeanne. Built to much the rest of the complex just so much bigger and that is why it stands out like that

    ReplyDelete