Saturday, August 31, 2013

View of Algorax

Everybody knows the big blue factory next to the N2 just after you passed over the Swartkops River on the way into Port Elizabeth.  The factory is Algorax and is a carbon black factory.  Carbon black is mainly used as a reinforcing filler in tires and other rubber products.  With three of South Africa's biggest tyre manufacturers situated in the Nelson Mandela Bay metro the factory is situated within close range of all of these.  This is the view of the factory from Bluewater Bay across the Swartkops River. 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, another landmark I recognize from when we whiz by on the N2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fond memories i have had as a child whenever I saw Carbon Black... I knew I was home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what they burn because it pongs in that area

    ReplyDelete