Friday, December 7, 2012

The Donkin light

The Donkin Lighthouse (actually called The Hill Lighthouse) was built in 1861 and taken out of commission in the 1970's due to the fact that ships couldn't see the light over the city's lights anymore.  I love climbing to the top of the lighthouse cause the view from up there is absolutely stunning and I have taken many photos from up there in the past.  Finding myself at the top again this week I realised that I have never taken a picture of the actual light before.  So here is the Donkin Lighthouse with the Campanile and part of the harbour visible in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Love the way light prisms off the lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went up here for the first time back in January of this year. It was my first trip to the top of a lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete