Sunday, October 7, 2012

Township tour

Township tours are very popular with international visitors to South Africa.  Often locals can't really understand why the tourists would like to go and see the townships.  A few weeks ago we (we being me and my colleagues) took about 50 locals on a township tour with a difference and afterwards they couldn't stop talking about it.  They got to meet and interact with the people, see the sights, hear the sounds, eat (some of) what the locals eat, visit the local market and take aways and has a traditional township tshisa njama (braai).  Afterwards they all realised that its a whole different culture that begs to be shared and understood why tourists wanted to go there.
 
PS, Happy anniversary to my dearest Damselfly.  12 years and still going strong 

2 comments:

  1. I think a township tour would be wonderful and have put it on my list for the next visit.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New use for a Shoprite Checkers trolley..... LOL

    And yes, Happy Anniversary from me too

    ReplyDelete