Thursday, July 5, 2012

Conservatory

I took the Kidz and their friends on a trip around Port Elizabeth the other day to discover and explore a couple of historical attractions.  It was a lovely warm winters day so I decided to make St Georges Park one of our stops with a quick look at the Pearson Conservatory before spending some time on the play equipment.  The Conservatory (originally opened in 1886) reopened last year after extensive renovations and I still can't get over how stunning it looks.  Definitively worth a visit.

3 comments:

  1. Love this building and will definitely visit it on the next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when the Company Gardens had a neglected old conservatory, which was later demolished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We visited the conservatory in April. It is a beautiful building and so relaxing to wonder through the plants. I was very surprised that there is so much to see near St George’s Park.

    ReplyDelete