Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eating oysters

It is claimed that oysters act as an aphrodisiac and perhaps it does, but I'm not a big oyster fan so I can't claim that it has affected me in any... romantic way. I have observed some other mannerisms with people eating oysters though. I recently accompanied a group visiting Port Elizabeth for a couple of days and we went to Barnacles Restaurant in Seaview for a lunch. Two of the ladies ordered oysters as a starter and both ate the first oyster in the serving at the same time. Those of us on the other side of the table all burst out laughing as the two of them acted in exactly the same manner as the ate it. Oyster in one hand while the other hand's little finger stood up (ala fancy ladies drinking tea). As the oyster slipped into their mouths they both did what can only be described as a slight levitation followed by a very satisfying mmmmmm....... Makes one think that there could be something behind the whole aphrodisiac claim.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yea. It's an oyster eating thing.

    I love them, but unfortunately can't eat them any more due to a food allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. The lemon makes me do that too.

    ReplyDelete