Friday, July 22, 2011

Rooikat

I have only seen rooikat (linx) in the wild twice.  Driving through Addo Elephant National Park the Damselfly suddenly spotted something in a clearing in the bush.  Yay! My third wild rooikat.  Unfortunately for the photographer in me he was on the wrong side of the car with the sun behind him.  Hence the crappy photo.  Sorry.  He was stalking something and suddenly pounced into the bush where he sat eating whatever he caught for about 5 minutes before walking off.

3 comments:

  1. I love it when someting like this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome sighting! I always shake so much taking wildlife photos they're blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you caught this wild animal pretty well. It is quite a beauty, nature red in tooth and claw. It is always difficult when you encounter something you have no control over and you just have to take the best shot you can. I know if I encounter any kind of wild animal here in Yorkshire and I have my camera and I get a reasonable picture I will be well pleased. Sadly odds not good here, bigger wildlife pretty thin on the ground, only seen 1 wild deer in the last 3 years and that was perhaps 400 metres away on a hilside past several fences. Paul at Leeds daily photo

    ReplyDelete