Monday, May 16, 2011

Down to the Schoenies coastline

I have spent so much time away from home lately either on business or holiday, that I haven't done much around Port Elizabeth over the last month or two and thus has started to run out of PE photographs.  Yesterday I just had to get out cause the house was closing in on me and the need for photos were shouting out very loudly.  I bundled the family into the car and we headed down to Schoenmakerskop to do the first section of the very popular Sacramento Trail.  At the start of the trail you can either walk along the top of the ridge for the fist bit or head straight down to the rocks.  In the picture you can see the wooden steps that takes you down to the bottom.

4 comments:

  1. I can even smell the beachy-grassy-rocky smell. Wish I was out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous rugged vista! Enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rocks... they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy memories as children, hated those steps at the time though.

    ReplyDelete