Monday, June 21, 2010

Stadium

Today the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium here in Port Elizabeth is hosting its 4th game of the 2010 FIFA World Cup between Chile and Switzerland. So far the stadium has already played host to Greece, Korea Republic, Portugal, Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Germany and Serbia. The last first round match here will be England vs Slovenia on Wednesday. We are all still waiting with bated breaths to see who will play here during the knockout rounds. Since the start of the tournament I have posted a picture of the Stadium at night as well as one of the stadium roof. Today's pic is one of the whole stadium as seen from across the North End Lake.

5 comments:

  1. Looks really cool. Should be a good game too. Cape Town is raining cats and dogs but I hear Portugal is now seven goals to nil against N Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this lake still toxic or has it been cleaned up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that there was a big cleanup planned for the lake and that they want to turn it into a watersport hub. When I went to take these pics I didn't see any two headed fish so I imagine its been cleaned up a bit.

    ReplyDelete