Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Walmer Park Food Festival

On Sunday the first Walmer Park Food Festival took place at Walmer Park Shopping Centre. The festival will be held on a bi-annual basis with the Summer Festival taking place in November and the Winter Festival in June. The festival included stalls from deli’s, restaurants, entrepreneurs, farmers, manufacturers and suppliers to the food industry as well as cooking presentations and entertainment. At most of the stalls visitors could taste and buy their products. The smell of all the foods were amazing and the taste buds were truly treated to some awesome flavours. I am really looking forward to the next festival as I am sure they would evolve it to be even bigger and better than this one. I think Cooksister would truly have been in her element if she could have visited the festival.

7 comments:

  1. Seems we are following each other about PE. Good to see you at Walmer Park. I just did not have the heart to take photos of the Food Festival - lovely collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such wonderful markets. And as I remember the food in South Africa was quite good. So much American food (even fresh veggies) tastes like plastic.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great afternoon out just tasting your way from one booth to the other! Hey...I really like your "this is me" posting...I don't think I noticed it before or maybe it's new...but funny! If I ever find a contact for the shows you'll be the first to know :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot - I did change my "This is me". I always do things like that in a boring way and have decided to have more fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful variety in your collage. The jams really appeal to me! Since I just got up, I think I'll scurry down to the kitchen to get something to eat now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY COW! How did I miss this delicious collage of yummy food! Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete