Monday, April 27, 2009

5 star hotel

Although there are many 5 star game lodges around Port Elizabeth and lots of 5 star boutique hotels and guesthouses in town, we haven't got a proper 5 star hotel in the city... But that is about to change. The new 5 star Radisson Blu hotel on the main beachfront in Summerstrand is about to open in the next couple of weeks. The hotel will have 173 rooms and will truly give a new dimension to visitor accommodation in the city. For more information on the hotel, have a look here.

5 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. I used to live right next door in one of those apartments!
    I bet the people in Villa Marina aren't too pleased about losing their panoramic views of the Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yip i agree with you, ugly looking building which does NOT fit in with the PE beachfront ambiance. Hope this isn't a sign of future developments would be very sad if we ended up looking like the Durban beachfront.... Wonder who was bribed to get zoning permission to build such an monstrosity. If they needed to build something like this why not use some of the undeveloped land down marine drive towards the Humewood golf club....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! If I loved in the apartments behind, I'd be mad as a snake!! Surely this is against all planning permission?? I agree that we need a 5-star hotel, but really...

    Is the monument marking Piet Retief's farm still there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know there are a lot of people that like this building but for some reason I don't. It does not block my view or anything like that. I just don't find the building appealing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cooksister - The Piet Retief Monument is still there. I should take a drive down and take a pic to post some time.

    ReplyDelete